St. Petersburg, Florida lawyer James W. Martin provides legal advice regarding Florida probate, wills, trusts, real estate, business, contracts, construction, and litigation matters in Florida. He is rated AV by Martindale Hubbell and has written seven legal forms books for West Publishing and numerous articles for The Florida Bar Journal, The Florida Bar News, ALI CLE The Practical Lawyer, and the American Bar Association. In addition to his law practice, he speaks at bar seminars, serves on the board of the Salvador Dali Museum, serves on the editorial board of ALI CLE The Practical Lawyer, and is an adjunct professor of law at Stetson University College of Law.
Practice Areas: Florida probate, real estate, and business law and litigation, as well as related areas of wills, trusts, contracts, and construction.
New Clients: Jim Martin welcomes new clients. If he is not able to handle the particular matter, he is often able to refer to someone who can help.
Communication: Jim Martin personally communicates with clients and keeps them informed and sends them correspondence and documents as prepared and received.
Education: Georgia Institute of Technology undergrad engineering student; Stetson University Bachelor of Science in Mathematics; Stetson University College of Law Juris Doctorate
Listings: Martindale-Hubbell AV rated, Marquis Who’sWho in America, Marquis Who’s Who in the World
Adjunct Professor: Stetson University College of Law
Court Admissions: Florida Supreme Court and all Florida courts; U.S. Supreme Court; U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Certification: The Florida Bar Board Certified in Real Estate Law
Bar Positions Previously Held: American Law Institute CLE The Practical Lawyer Editorial Board; Florida Bar Probate Rules Committee; St. Petersburg Bar Probate Law Section chair, Real Estate Law Section chair, and Business Law Section chair
Public Offices Previously Held: St. Petersburg City Council; Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council
Community Work: Salvador Dali Museum trustee, secretary, executive committee, and counsel
Community Work Previous: Leadership St. Pete planning committee; Leadership Tampa Bay planning committee
Awards: Stetson College of Law Hall of Fame; Stetson College of Law Ben C. Willard Award
- West’s Florida Legal Forms: Real Estate Transactions
- West’s Florida Legal Forms: Business Organizations
- West’s Florida Legal Forms: Specialized Forms
- Florida Jurisprudence Forms: Legal & Business
- West’s Legal Forms: Volume 29 Nonprofit Corporations 2nd, 3rd & 4th Editions
- West’s Florida Corporations System
- Fifty Tips for Writing the 21st Century Contract That Stays Out of Court, ALI-ABA The Practical Real Estate Lawyer, The Florida Bar Journal, ALI-ABA’s Practice Checklist Manual for Drafting Leases IV, ALI-ABA’s Real World Document Drafting: Form, Style and Substance, and Thomson West’s Foundations of Legal Research & Writing
- Fifty Tips for Writing the Contract That Stays Out of Court, ALI-ABA The Practical Real Estate Lawyer
- Tips for Handling the Complex Real Property Transaction (With Forms and Checklist), ALI CLE The Practical Real Estate Lawyer
- How to Write Contracts and Other Documents as a Professional in a Mechanistic World,” ALI-ABA The Practical Real Estate Lawyer
- How to Write Letters Nonlawyers Will Read , ALI-ABA The Practical Lawyer
- Drafting the Contract or Settlement Agreement That Stays Out of Court, The Brief, ABA Tort, Trial & Insurance Practice Section
- Ten Tips for Handling Complex Probate, ALI-ABA The Practical Lawyer, The Florida Bar Journal
- I Want to Sign an Electronic Will, ALI-ABA The Practical Lawyer
- Groundbreakers: Be Careful When Using Form Real Estate Contracts, ALI-ABA The Practical Real Estate Lawyer
- Writing the Contract that Stays Out of Court, The Florida Bar Convention
- The Lawyer’s Conscience: Professionalism in Writing Contracts and Wills for a Mechanistic World, The Florida Bar Convention
- How to Write Letters Nonlawyers Will Read, The Florida Bar Convention
- Drafting the Settlement Agreement That Stays Out of Court, ABA Tort, Trial & Insurance Practice Section, ABA Convention, Chicago
- Drafting a Clear As-Is Agreement, St. Petersburg Bar Real Property Section
- Ten Tips for Handling Complex Probate, St. Petersburg Bar Probate Law Section
- Snakes in the Grass: Hidden Real Property Issues in Probate, St. Petersburg Bar Real Property and Probate Law Sections
- Tips for Handling Complex Real Property Transactions, ALI CLE American Law Institute Continuing Legal Education
- The Basics of Contract Drafting, The Florida Bar
Confidentiality: The relationship between a lawyer and client is founded on trust and confidence. So sacred is this relationship that information given by the client to the lawyer is a “privileged communication” which is recognized by the courts as confidential so that it cannot be disclosed without the client’s consent. Therefore, Jim Martin is careful in preserving the attorney-client privilege and in maintaining clients’ confidential information.
Fees and Billing: Fees are discussed in the initial conference. It is office policy to accept an initial, nonrefundable fee before opening a file and beginning work. Payment is due upon receipt of each invoice. If another payment method is needed, please discuss this at the initial conference. Jim Martin will answer questions about billing at any time.
Law Office of James W. Martin, P.A.
540 4th Street North
St. Petersburg, Florida 33701
Fax (727) 823-3479
Tel (727) 821-0904
Copyright 2017 by James W. Martin, P.A. All rights reserved.