Florida lawyer Jim Martin provides legal advice to clients on business, real estate, and probate matters in Florida, including construction, wills, trusts, estate planning, corporations, LLCs, partnerships, nonprofits, contracts, and litigation. With over thirty years of experience, he is rated AV by Martindale and listed in Who’s Who. He has written law books and articles for Thomson West, The Florida Bar Journal, ALI-ABA The Practical Lawyer, and the American Bar Association. He also speaks at bar seminars and teaches contract drafting at Stetson College of Law.
Education: Ga. Tech, Stetson University College of Law, B.S., J.D.
Professor: Adjunct Professor of Law at Stetson College of Law
Editorial Board: Editorial Board of ALI CLE The Practical Lawyer
Listings: Martindale-Hubbell AV and Who’sWho in America, American Law, and the World
Awards: Stetson Law Ben C. Willard Award and Stetson Law Hall of Fame
Community: Trustee and Secretary of Salvador Dali Museum
Author – Books:
- West’s Florida Legal Forms: Real Estate Transactions
- West’s Florida Legal Forms: Business Organizations (co-author)
- West’s Florida Legal Forms: Specialized Forms
- Florida Jurisprudence Forms: Legal & Business
- West’s Legal Forms: Volume 29 Nonprofit Corporations 2nd, 3rd & 4th Editions
- West’s Florida Corporations System
Author – Articles:
- Fifty Tips for Writing the Contract That Stays Out of Court, ALI-ABA The Practical Real Estate Lawyer
- Fifty Tips for Writing the 21st Century Contract That Stays Out of Court, ALI-ABA The Practical Real Estate Lawyer, The Florida Bar Journal, ALI-ABA’s Practice Checklist Manual for Drafting Leases IV, ALI-ABA’s Real World Document Drafting: Form, Style and Substance, and Thomson West’s Foundations of Legal Research & Writing
- Tips for Handling the Complex Real Property Transaction (With Forms and Checklist), ALI CLE The Practical Real Estate Lawyer
- How to Write Contracts and Other Documents as a Professional in a Mechanistic World,” ALI-ABA The Practical Real Estate Lawyer
- How to Write Letters Nonlawyers Will Read , ALI-ABA The Practical Lawyer
- Drafting the Contract or Settlement Agreement That Stays Out of Court, The Brief, ABA Tort, Trial & Insurance Practice Section
- Ten Tips for Handling Complex Probate, ALI-ABA The Practical Lawyer, The Florida Bar Journal
- I Want to Sign an Electronic Will, ALI-ABA The Practical Lawyer
- Groundbreakers: Be Careful When Using Form Real Estate Contracts, ALI-ABA The Practical Real Estate Lawyer
Speaker – Seminars:
- Writing the Contract that Stays Out of Court, The Florida Bar Convention
- The Lawyer’s Conscience: Professionalism in Writing Contracts and Wills for a Mechanistic World, The Florida Bar Convention
- How to Write Letters Nonlawyers Will Read, The Florida Bar Convention
- Drafting the Settlement Agreement That Stays Out of Court, ABA Tort, Trial & Insurance Practice Section, ABA Convention, Chicago
- Drafting a Clear As-Is Agreement, St. Petersburg Bar Real Property Section
- Ten Tips for Handling Complex Probate, St. Petersburg Bar Probate Law Section
- Tips for Handling the Complex Real Property Transaction, St. Petersburg Bar Real Property Section
- Snakes in the Grass: Hidden Real Property Issues in Probate, St. Petersburg Bar Real Property and Probate Law Sections
Law Office of James W. Martin, P.A.
540 4th Street North
St. Petersburg, Florida 33701
Fax (727) 823-3479
Tel (727) 821-0904
DISCLAIMER: The information on this website is based on Florida law and general facts and might not apply to specific factual situations or other states. Always engage a lawyer to obtain legal advice. This is not legal advice. Neither your sending email to Mr. Martin nor his reading it creates an attorney-client relationship unless he issues an engagement letter. WHO’S WHO SELECTION CRITERIA: Attorneys who are listed are recommended by Marquis researchers and members of the Board of Advisors who nominate individuals in their own geographic regions or fields of practice for inclusion. The publication does not undertake to rate all Florida attorneys. FLORIDA BAR STATEMENT: The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask the lawyer to send you free written information about the lawyer’s qualifications and experience.
Copyright 1998-2014 by James W. Martin, P.A. All rights reserved.